University of Adelaide
Deadline: 13 November 2020 (annual)
Study in: Australia
Next course starts Oct 2020?Jan-Jun 2021
The University of Adelaide offers a number of Adelaide Scholarships International to outstanding international graduates from any country to commence their education via a Masters or Doctorate degree by research.
University of Adelaide, Australia
Level/Field(s) of study:
Masters degree by Research or Doctoral Research Degree in all disciplines offered at the University
Number of Scholarships:
International students (except New Zealand)
The scholarship includes course tuition fees, annual living allowance ($28,092 in 2020), overseas student health cover plus relocation and publication expenses.
The scholarship is awarded for two years for a Masters degree by Research and three years (with a possible 6 month extension) for a Doctoral research degree.
- Applicants must be international students who are acceptable to commence a Masters or Doctorate by research degree at the University of Adelaide.
• Citizens and Permanent Residents of Australia, and citizens of New Zealand are ineligible.
• Applicants who have applied for Australian permanent residency status, but have not yet received an outcome, can apply.
• Successful recipients are required to apply and enrol in their intended program of study at The University of Adelaide as ‘international students’ to retain their scholarship.
- Applicants are required to provide evidence of meeting the University of Adelaide’s minimum English language proficiency requirements for direct entry by the application deadline.
- Applicants with a qualification in progress will not be eligible for consideration until the qualification has been satisfactorily completed (and acceptable evidence provided), or evidence of withdrawal has been provided.
- Applicants are required to have successfully completed at least the equivalent of a First Class Australian Honours degree. (In Australia an Honours degree is generally a one year qualification taken after an undergraduate degree and involves further study in a particular discipline area. In some areas, Honours is available as part of the final year of a four year undergraduate degree. It is recognised as a prestigious qualification that further develops research, writing and organisational skills. It also demonstrates an ability to undertake high-level study. Achievement of a First Class Honours degree indicates that the recipient performed at the highest academic level and indicates that they have had an introduction to independent research.)
- International applicants must not hold a research qualification regarded by the University of Adelaide to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctorate degree or, if undertaking a Research Masters degree, not hold a research qualification regarded by the University of Adelaide to be equivalent to or higher than an Australian Research Masters degree.
See the official website (link found below) for complete eligibility criteria.
To apply, you must submit a formal application for ‘Admission and a Scholarship’ via the online application system. There is no application fee. The next deadlines are 13 November for Semester 1, 2021.